Used Calibrated Agilent 4156B Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer
Manufacturer Agilent, HP, Keysight
Condition: Used Calibrated ISO 17025 accredited lab, in excellent condition, has been fully tested and is guaranteed functional
The 4156B is a Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer from Agilent. Semiconductor parameter analyzers are all-in-one tools used for a wide range of measurement capabilities. Semiconductor parameter analyzers can measure and analyze electrical characterizations of many types of electronic devices, materials, active or passive components, semiconductors, or any other kind of electronic equipment. Engineers use this piece of test equipment for the monitoring of current and voltage responses in different types of devices.
- High-resolution/accuracy and wide range. I: 1 fA to 1 A (20 fA offset accuracy), V: 1µV to 200 V
- Fully-automated I-V sweep measurements with DC or pulse mode, expandable up to 6 SMUs
- Synchronized stress/measure function, two high-voltage pulse generator units (±40 V)
- Time-domain measurement: 60µs–variable intervals, up to 10,001 points
- Easy to use: knob-sweep similar to curve tracer, automatic analysis functions
- Automation: built-in HP Instrument BASIC, trigger I/O capability
- Set measurement and/or stress conditions
- Control measurement and/or stress execution
- Perform arithmetic calculations
- Display measured and calculated results on the LCD display
- Perform graphical analysis
- Store and recall measurement setups, and measurement and graphical display data
- Dump to printers or plotters for hardcopy output
- Perform measurement and analysis with the built-in HP Instrument BASIC
- Self test, Auto calibration
The Agilent HP 4156B are the next generation in precision semiconductor parameter analyzers. You get the best digital sweep parameter analyzer plus a reliability tester, powerful failure-analysis tool, and automated incoming inspection station, all rolled into a single instrument.
This new family was explicitly designed to provide unprecedented accuracy and functionality for evaluating your sub-micron geometry devices. With one flexible instrument, you can improve your semi-conductor quality starting from material evaluation and dev ice characterization all the way through final packaged part inspection and field failure analysis.
The Agilent HP 4156B offers four built-in source/monitor units (SMUs), two voltage source units (VSUs), and two voltage monitor units (VMUs). The Agilent HP 4156B extends current resolution to 1 fA and accuracy to 20 fA. The HP 4156B utilizes full-kelvin remote sensing on each SMU.
At any time, you can add the Agilent HP 4150 1B SMU and Pulse Generator Expander, which is supplied with a 0V/1.6 A Ground Unit. The expander accepts two 10 0 mA/100 VSMUs or one 1A/200V SMU, and two specially-synchronized 40V/200 mA/1 µs pulse generators.
Setup and Measurement
The Agilent HP 4156B can perform staircase and pulse sweep measurement, and sampling (time-domain) measurement using many measurement units, including units in the Agilent HP 41501B, without changing connections. Moreover, you can easily perform stress-measure cycling test for reliability evaluation such as hot carrier injection and flash EEPROM test.
Setup and measurement are made by setting up pages and filling in the blanks from front-panel keys, keyboard, or GPIB (SCPI commands). You can also instantly measure and find setup conditions by using knob sweep capability, which is similar to curvetracer operation.
Display and Analysis
The measurement and analysis results are displayed on the color LCD, and you can superimpose stored graphics from four graphic memories for comparison. A number of powerful graphical analysis tools make it easy to analyze and extract many parameters such as hFE and Vth.
Once you find the parameter extraction conditions, you can automatically get the parameter by using the automatic analysis function.
Output and Storage
Setup, measurement, and analysis data can be output via GPIB, parallel or network interface 10 Base-TLAN to a color plotter and printer. You can also save the data onto a disk via network or 3.5-inch disk in MS-DOS or LIF format. Graphic (HP-GL, PCL or TIF) output file allows you to transfer graphics to desktop publishing software.
Repeating and Automating Tests
The Agilent HP Instrument BASIC controller built into the HP 4156B can construct an automatic measurement system using external instruments without a controller. The Agilent HP 4156B can be synchronized with external instruments by the versatile trigger I/O functions.